If you are looking for a staircase for your home or business, it is important to note that there are different types of staircases and each has its own advantages as well as disadvantages. A great staircase that may work for you may not work for another person, it comes down to tastes and preferences as well as the space you would like your staircase installed.
We have highlighted the types of staircase designs you should consider as well as the pros and cons attached to these.
This type of staircase is considered to be a very typical staircase. They are a very popular choice for homes and business premises.
They are very easy to construct as their connection is dependent on what you do at the top and at the bottom. They do not need an intermediate supporting structure. You can use thinner treads, open risers or even metal stringers.
This type of staircase needs a lot of space for installation and this can be a limiting factor when you do not have adequate space.
L Shaped Stairs (Quarter turns)
This type of stair consists of the straight stair but with a bend in some part of the stairs. The bend consists of an extra landing portion at a transition point. This bend is 90 degrees although it does not always need to be.
- They provide your home with a barrier between floors which can help add to your privacy from one floor to the other.
- They are a bit safer in comparison to straight stairs due to the landing portion as it reduces the treads in case of a fall.
- They are difficult to build
- They need support which means more space and extra cost of the building.
U-Shaped/Half Turn or Switchback Stairs
This staircase design consists of two parallel flights of a straight stair that are connected with a 180-degree bend.
- You can easily customize them for your choice of an architectural plan
- They have a landing that offers adequate resting point
- The most difficult to build in comparison with all the others.
In case you need a staircase design, you can check for staircase drawings London to help ease the process of finding the right stairs for you. You can also check for a straight staircase UK for more convenience.
Whatever your choice of stairs, TIW Fabrications takes your requirement seriously. Customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we believe in going that extra mile for it.
Call us today for any queries!